Solan, popularly known as the “Mushroom Capital of India”, has lately become an adventure hub for tourists who flock to Himachal Pradesh seeking escape from the humdrum of city-life. Located at a distance of 46 kilometres from Shimla, Solan is well-connected to major cities by trains and buses. The lonely landscape of this pristine hill station attracts adventure junkies from all over India. Let us have a look at some of the adventure activities you may indulge in at Solan -
- Camping - An adventure camp to Solan is an exhilarating activity for travellers. Arrive at the registered camping destination in Barog and pitch your own tent at the camping site. The picturesque view of Solan from the hilltop is a sight to behold.
- Paragliding - Soar high in the clear, blue sky of Solan. Book a paragliding tour in Solan and get a spectacular view of the snow-capped hills and mountains. Even five minutes of paragliding is sure to get your adrenaline pumping.
- Trekking - Set out on a rambling trek to Karol Tibba. Start your journey from Chambaghat, a small hamlet located 4 kilometres from Solan. The hilly trail to Karol Tibba offers panoramic vistas of the Churdhar ranges. Camp overnight at Karol Tibba and then continue your trek towards the legendary Pandava Gufa.
- Day-trip – Take a wonderful day trip from Solan to Kasauli. On your way, pay a visit to St. Patrick’s Church that is furnished with wooden interiors and features mural paintings. There are four cemeteries located at a short distance from the church. Intrepid tourists might want to take a walk around them.
- Water-sports and Games - Solan hosts recreational water activities for visitors of all age groups. Some of the popular activities include boat ride, waterskiing, white water rafting and kayaking. Multiple brooks flow through the district of Solan and these are perfect for such activities.
- Zip-lining – Unleash your adventurous spirit for the zip-lining activity in Solan. The lush forests of Solan are inviting enough for visitors to take up this challenging activity. For a more thrilling experience, zip line amidst the high-altitude mountains.
- Rock-climbing - One of the most popular activities in Solan is that of rock-climbing. Some of the best rock-climbing spots include the Beas-Kund region and the lower reaches of the Hanuman Tibba. Carry your own equipment when you head out for rock climbing in these regions.
To ensure a comfortable stay during your visit to Solan, make your booking at the Fortune Forest Hill Resort. Fully-equipped with all amenities, Fortune Forest Hill Resort is a cocoon of comforts that will help you relax after an adventure-packed day.