Monday, June 05, 2017
Built along the style of the Italian town of Portofino, Lavasa is the perfect weekend getaway destination. Easily accessible by road from Pune and Mumbai, this quaint city is set on the banks of Baji Pasalkar Reservoir near the Warasgaon Dam. Innovative architecture, stunning natural surroundings, and a host of exciting activities beckon many travellers. Here are 6 things that you cannot miss while here:
1. Bird watching - The entire panoramic beauty of Lavasa can be captured from the numerous scenic points dotting the city. The bird viewing gallery at Dasve is the perfect location for some bird watching and nature photography.
2. Camping - There is something for everyone at Lavasa, especially more so for the nature and adventure lovers! You can camp in comfortable tents, which might not exactly be comparable to the hotels in Lavasa, but it would still allow you to enjoy the best of what nature has to offer. You can also trek through the beautiful hills of the Western Ghats.
3. Indoor Golf - A day spent at the Indoor Golf recreational and learning center can be a fun activity. Whether you have wielded a golf club before or not, this is the perfect place to enjoy the sport. They even have a virtual golf simulator for visitors to try out.
4. Water Sports - The Vortex Splash Pad is a unique zero-depth aquatic play area for the entire family. The interactive jets, sprays and splashes are a great source of fun for everyone. You could also head to the Warasgaon Lake for kayaking, pedal boating and jet skiing.
5. Adventure Sports - Lavasa provides plenty of opportunities to get your adrenaline going. Take your pick from rock climbing, paint ball, rappelling, trekking, rifle shooting, valley crossing, and ATV riding.
6. Segway Ride - You should end your weekend at Lavasa with a Segway ride. Jump onto this fun battery-powered vehicle and ride all around the hill city. It's a perfect way to enjoy the sights of this beautiful city.
What are you waiting for? Head to Lavasa for an exciting time this weekend. Book your rooms in advance via the Fortune Hotels website for a comfortable and contemporary stay while in Lavasa.