Monday, March 26, 2018
With the summer right around the corner, it’s the perfect time for you to pack your bags, take your compass, put on your hiking shoes, and head for a vacation in the chilly hills of India. With several beautiful mountain ranges like the Aravalis and the Himalayas, India boasts of a number of hill stations that are there in the country for its tourists. Here we have created a list of 5 gorgeous hill station destinations for you to take your pick from:
1. Srinagar - Nestled amidst the Kashmir Valley, Srinagar is one of the most beautiful hill stations that India has to offer to its tourists. Touted for its cultural richness and as the ‘Heaven on Earth,’ Srinagar is a famous destination for honeymooners as well. When you are here, do visit the Dal Lake, Mughal Gardens, Jama Masjid, Pari Mahal, Sri Pratap Singh Museum, Hazratbal Shrine, and Shankaracharya Temple for a ‘heavenly’ experience.
2. Mussoorie - Rightly known as the ‘Queen of the Hills,’ Mussoorie happens to be one of the most popular and loved holiday destinations of India. Boasting of lush vegetation, beautiful long roads, and stunning views of the hills, Mussoorie is a dream-come-true for the lovers of Mother Nature. When you’re enjoying a vacation here, do not forget to visit the Kempty Falls, the Gunhill, Camel’s Back Road, and Landour Bazaar among many other tourist spots.
3. McLeodganj - A beautiful hill station in Dharamshala, McLeodganj is also known as the prime centre of Buddhism and is popularly called the Valley of Lamas. The town has numerous temples, antique shops, and popular Tibetan institutions. If you’re vacationing here, then some of the places that you should explore are Dharamkot, Bhagsu Falls, Triund, and Namgyal Monastery, among others.
4. Ooty - Also known as Udhagamandalam, Ooty is a charming hill station in the Nilgiri Hills. Acres of tea plantations and stunning scenic beauty make Ooty a special holiday favourite amongst travellers. Some of the places that must be visited when in Ooty are Avalanche Lake, Ooty Lake, Murugan Temple, St. Stephen’s Church, and the Shooting Point.
5. Jammu City - Known as the Winter Capital of the state of Jammu & Kashmir, Jammu City is another really famous hill station destination in India. Perfect for people looking for an escape from the busy city life, Jammu City has a plethora of places to offer to its visitors like Amar Mahal, Bahu Fort and Garden, Mansar Lake, Peer Baba, Akhnoor, Krimchi, Raghunath Temple, and Purmandal.
Since these are some of the best hill stations in India, getting there might include some difficulty during the peak seasons. Fortune Hotels brings you a comfortable vacation at all these destinations. It is best advised that you book your travel tickets and hotel stay in advance to avoid any last-minutes hassles.